Benefits Committee Contacts
What is the Benefits Committee Purpose?
The Benefits Committee works to provide education and assistance to flight attendants in all matters involving benefits – including insurance, maternity, workers compensation, and leave of absence programs. Additionally, assistance is available for the resolution of access related issues or payment of benefits.
What are the Committee’s Duties and Responsibilities?
- Work with management to resolve any concerns involving claims submitted under benefits programs
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers on matters related to benefits, insurance, maternity, worker’s compensation, and leave of absence programs
- Actively communicate information of interest to the Flight Attendants. Provide information to the Communications Committee for inclusion in Local Council communications.
MEC Benefits Committee Chair
MEC Benefits Committee Chair Duties
Be responsible for being knowledgeable about all present contract provisions with respect to occupational benefits. Research and have knowledge of state worker’s compensation benefits for at least the states in which Horizon Air maintains domiciles. Keep the membership informed of all benefits and any changes in Company, Legislative or Judicial policy regarding occupational injuries or illnesses. He/she will compose informational and educational articles of interest to the membership and provide them to the MEC Communications Chairperson to be included in MEC communications and posted to the MEC website. The committee shall: Be responsible for being knowledgeable about the Flight Attendant Short- and Long-Term Disability Policies and how they integrate with other occupational benefits.
Be responsible for being knowledgeable about the benefits associated with permanent disabilities. Be responsible for being knowledgeable about leaves of absence available to Flight Attendants including medical, personal, educational, and leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Assist Flight Attendants with problems that may be encountered with their claims by making referrals to worker’s compensation legal resources that the Union shall research. Develop and maintain education and reference materials for Flight Attendants regarding topics within the scope of the committee. Work to see that occupational benefits at Horizon are equivalent or better than the rest of the industry. Work to improve state worker’s compensation laws within the appropriate state agencies.
Why Contact? ?
The Benefits Committee is available to help you with:
- Company provided or voluntary benefits programs
- Medical or maternity leaves of absence
- Family medical leave (FMLA)
- On-the-job injuries and workers compensation procedures