What is the Benefits Committee Purpose?
The Benefits Committee works to provide education and assistance to flight attendants in all matters involving benefits – including insurance, maternity, workers compensation, and leave of absence programs. Additionally, assistance is available for the resolution of access related issues or payment of benefits.
What are the Committee’s Duties and Responsibilities?
- Work with management to resolve any concerns involving claims submitted under benefits programs
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers on matters related to benefits, insurance, maternity, worker’s compensation, and leave of absence programs
- Actively communicate information of interest to the Flight Attendants. Provide information to the Communications Committee for inclusion in Local Council communications.
Why Contact? ?
The Benefits Committee is available to help you with:
- Company provided or voluntary benefits programs
- Medical or maternity leaves of absence
- Family medical leave (FMLA)
- On-the-job injuries and workers compensation procedures
Latest Benefits News
AFA Benefits Committee Update Legal disclaimer Because of the complex interaction between the administration of the various state unemployment insurance (UI) programs; the components of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act; and the Company’s response to claims, AFA Horizon leadership can neither provide definitive advice for filing UI claims nor assurance of receiving a…
Continuing to Advocate for Flight Attendant Protections Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC) An AFA communication from March 3 (COVID-19 Update) contained a comprehensive list of the requests that AFA had made of management at the time. AFA Horizon officers and representatives have been in constant communication with management since that time to continue…
Medical resources for Flight Attendants with concerns about Corvid-19 If you are experiencing symptoms of the Corvid-19 or feeling ill on your overnight or at home below are links that are available for Flight Attendants to contact a doctor or nurse. Teladoc: 855-332-4059 24-hour nurse line: 877-224-3525 https://d15k3gb5w4wz61.cloudfront.net/pdfs/aag/travel_assistance.pdf – This web site is the 24-hour…
Managing your Anxiety Around Coronavirus From your AFA EAP Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new risk, not a familiar one. Its status as a new health problem with which we are unfamiliar contributes to our heightened anxiety. Remember, anxiety is a protective measure. It’s signaling you to scan for risks and find methods to safeguard yourself. …