What is the Benefits Committee Purpose?
The Benefits Committee works to provide education and assistance to flight attendants in all matters involving benefits – including insurance, maternity, workers compensation, and leave of absence programs. Additionally, assistance is available for the resolution of access related issues or payment of benefits.
What are the Committee’s Duties and Responsibilities?
- Work with management to resolve any concerns involving claims submitted under benefits programs
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers on matters related to benefits, insurance, maternity, worker’s compensation, and leave of absence programs
- Actively communicate information of interest to the Flight Attendants. Provide information to the Communications Committee for inclusion in Local Council communications.
Why Contact? ?
The Benefits Committee is available to help you with:
- Company provided or voluntary benefits programs
- Medical or maternity leaves of absence
- Family medical leave (FMLA)
- On-the-job injuries and workers compensation procedures
Latest Benefits News
AFA COVID-19 Onboard Service Survey JULY 28, 2020 11:00 On July 16th, management implemented an expansion of onboard service which included the addition of multiple beverage selections and the re-introduction of hot beverages as an option for passengers. During the lead up to the service expansion, members of our Master Executive Council (MEC), Inflight Service Committee, and…
Vanguard Retirement Webinars As the company will be offering early out packages, AFA, in conjunction with Vanguard, the company’s 401(k) plan administrator, will be conducting an online webinar to provide information and answer questions about the planning process for retirement. More information from Vanguard is below. Switching from earning a paycheck to living off your retirement…
AFA Benefits Committee Update Legal disclaimer Because of the complex interaction between the administration of the various state unemployment insurance (UI) programs; the components of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act; and the Company’s response to claims, AFA Horizon leadership can neither provide definitive advice for filing UI claims nor assurance of receiving a…
Employment Department Temporary Rules for Unemployment Insurance Benefits Flexibility. Click here to read more.
Continuing to Advocate for Flight Attendant Protections Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC) An AFA communication from March 3 (COVID-19 Update) contained a comprehensive list of the requests that AFA had made of management at the time. AFA Horizon officers and representatives have been in constant communication with management since that time to continue…