What is the Benefits Committee Purpose?
The Benefits Committee works to provide education and assistance to flight attendants in all matters involving benefits - including insurance, maternity, workers compensation, and leave of absence programs. Additionally, assistance is available for the resolution of access related issues or payment of benefits.
- Work with management to resolve any concerns involving claims submitted under benefits programs
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers on matters related to benefits, insurance, maternity, worker’s compensation, and leave of absence programs
- Actively communicate information of interest to the Flight Attendants. Provide information to the Communications Committee for inclusion in Local Council communications.
The Benefits Committee is available to help you with:
- Company provided or voluntary benefits programs
- Medical or maternity leaves of absence
- Family medical leave (FMLA)
- On-the-job injuries and workers compensation procedures