HZN AFA MASTER EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
NOTICE OF COMMITTEE CHAIR OPENING
CREW PLANNING LIAISON (Scheduling)
The Master Executive Council has an immediate opening for interested AFA members who wish to make a difference in the lives of their fellow flight attendants through the MEC position of Crew Planning Liaison.
This position is responsible to promote the interests of the flight attendants in the development of monthly trip pairings, as indicated by the local scheduling committee members. The position requires close interaction with Horizon Air AFA, inflight management and crew planning.
The primary role of the Crew Planning Liaison is to take the interests of the local scheduling committees and, within the parameters set by management, translate those interests through the pairing optimizer during the monthly pairing development.
This position requires a three (3) year commitment and;
- understanding of committee dynamics and experience in leading committees.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet monthly deadlines and produce pairing solution(s)
- Commitment and ability to learn a new software application (Jeppesen Crew Planning Optimization)
- Flexibility in working remotely and in SEA or PDX one (1) week per month.
The Crew Planning Liaison is provided:
- Software Training (Jeppesen) as well as in-house training.
- Flight pay loss each month for pairing development and to attend required meetings.
- Per Diem and hotel expenses are reimbursed when incurred.
- Laptop computer
Interested members need to submit a letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include in the letter of interest your understanding of a three (3) year commitment and relevant experience in working with or within committees. Please title your email “crew planning liaison”.
Letters of interest must be received by June 20th to be considered.